Volunteer for Sight
Lions Eye Bank of Wisconsin (LEBW) is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to restoring sight through the recovery and transplantation of corneal tissue. Lions Eye Bank of Wisconsin provides 100% of Wisconsin’s corneal surgery needs for corneal transplant surgeons throughout the state; no cornea leaves the state until every Wisconsin patient’s needs are accounted for. Every step of the donation process committed through LEBW is 100% not-for-profit, from recovery to transplant. We maintain the altruistic spirit of the gift and each donation is handled with the utmost respect
A strong backbone of our work are the volunteers who make some of our work happen. From Lions Transporters, that relay tissue across the state, to our speakers and event volunteers who tell the stories of how their corneal transplants changed their lives, LEBW is grateful for the hard work and dedication that our volunteers put in to make the gift of sight a reality for our neighbors. LEBW is always looking for volunteers to help bring awareness to eye, organ and tissue donation.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
Hospitality Team Volunteer Overview
LEBW is in search of local community members to join our volunteer team. We are looking for multiple people to help fill the role of a hospitality team member for our new facility, located at 5003 Tradewinds Parkway, Madison, WI 53718.
We anticipate heavy traffic of community partners, Lions Club members, nonprofit organizations, donor families, transplant recipients and health care professionals. We are looking for friendly, productive people to help our nonprofit organization meet the needs of our community and staff the front desk of our new facility.
We are looking for 2 shifts per day and can accommodate with your schedule Monday-Friday. Ideally:
- Greet all guests who arrive at the LEBW enthusiastically and warmly
- Have guest’s sign in and out when they arrive and leave
- Offer waiting guests refreshments
- Escort quests throughout the building as needed
- Answer telephones cheerfully and direct calls appropriately
- Bring in the daily mail from the mailbox
Help as needed:
- Assist in set up and clean up for meetings
- Assist with set up and clean up for in-house events
- Conduct building tours
- Assist with break room upkeep
- Assist with light clerical work (envelope stuffing, etc.)
- Assist with Marketing/Community promotional item inventory
- Assist with Marketing/Community promotional item check out
- Punctual, reliable and committed to service
- Excellent customer service skills
- Treat donor family visitors with sensitivity and compassion
- Remains calm and polite
- Respects confidentiality and follows HIPAA regulation when handling confidential information
- Potentially manages multiple demands at once
- Proactively assesses visitor needs and responds with hospitality and kindness
- Business casual attire
For more information, please contact Stacey Mohr, Community Outreach Manager, at email@example.com or 877.233.2354 ext. 212. Please follow our Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr and LinkedIn pages for updates on volunteer opportunities.
Why Get Involved?
We are the only 501(c)(3) registered not-for-profit eye bank in the state of Wisconsin.
We Help to Provide the Gift of Sight
Each year we process over 1,800 corneas used by surgeons to restore sight.
We Put Wisconsin First
We serve Wisconsin patients first. Not a single cornea leaves the state before local patient needs are met.