About the Crystal Vision Awards Ceremony
Since 2007, Lions Eye Bank of Wisconsin (LEBW) has hosted the Crystal Vision Awards Ceremony to acknowledge and honor the dedication and collaborative contributions taking place towards the mission of eye, tissue, and organ donation.
The event offers an opportunity to network with other eye, tissue, and organ partners, as well as local, state and community members. Hear touching stories from both donor families and donor recipients, award recipients, a special keynote presentation, and enjoy a wonderful lunch.
Crystal Vision Award recipients have gone over and beyond the call of duty, demonstrating a commitment to raising awareness and educating communities on the importance of donation. Award nominees are individuals who share the mission of saving and healing lives through the gift of transplantation. Nominees include hospital staff, surgeons, nurses, chaplains, DMV or health and human services representatives, funeral home staff, coroner and medical examiner office staff, dedicated volunteers or community members, donor family members, transplant recipients, or other advocates of donation.
Please join us on Friday, March 9, 2018, at the Best Western Premier in downtown Madison, from 11:00am-1:30pm, as we honor these outstanding recipients. You may nominate a potential award recipient online or download the application in PDF format. Nominations are due by Sunday, December 31, 2017. Please contact Michele Brooks-PR, Marketing & Events Manager at 608.233.2354 ext. 250, if you have questions.
Save the Date!
Date: Friday, March 9, 2018
Time: 11:00am – 1:30pm
Location: Best Western Premier, downtown Madison
Governor Jim Doyle
Master of Ceremonies
Amy Carlson, NBC 15
Past Crystal Vision Award Recipients:
- Jeanette Potts, Education and Development Manager American Tissue Service Foundation
- Sue Broeren & The ThedaClark Organ Donation Committee, ThedaCare Health
- Harold and Arline Neu, Volunteers (honored posthumously)
- Carol Hay, UW OTD
- Nancy Johnson, RN Vernon County Memorial Hospital
- Patrick Fernan, DMV
- Haily Craig, Surgical Technician
- Dr. Len Markman
- Lori Morton-Lockley, Senior Account Manager, Radio Programming
- Jodie Gonia, Critical Care Nurse
- The Gunderson Donation Resource Team
- Scott Perrin, Director of Emergency Services, Memorial Health Center & CME
- Dr. Michael Holloran
- Kathy Schultz, Senior Marketing Consultant
- Dawn Aucliar, Registered Nurse
- Lynn Baudo, Wisconsin Donor Network
- Cindy Huber, CEO, National Kidney Foundation
- Martha Mallon, Program Director Wisconsin Department of Health Services
- Sue Sabin, Retiree
- Hannah Rosenthal, VP WPS Insurance
- Rev. Jeff Fairchild, Director of Pastoral Care
- Trey Schwabb, Outreach Coordinator, UW Health Organ Procurement Organization
- Susan Bautch, Donor Advocate
- Sgt. John Kempen, U.S. Army
- Lisa Johnson, Scholar, Advocate, Corneal Donation Recipient
- Mary Nachreiner, Family Services Specialist, UW Health Organ Procurement Organization
The deadline to submit a nomination has passed – thank you to everyone that submitted a nomination! We will announce the Crystal Vision Award recipients in March.
Lions Eye Bank of Wisconsin is excited to announce the search for 2018 Crystal Vision Award nominees! We are looking for individuals who make an incredible difference in the lives of others and are instrumental in bringing awareness to the field of eye, tissue, and organ donation.
Any staff member can nominate someone within your organization. More than one person may submit a nomination for the same person. Volunteers, donor family members, transplant recipients, and other advocates of donation who are not affiliated with a specific organization can submit and receive nominations. Please feel free to pass this along to anyone you feel would be interested in nominating individuals for this award. The deadline to nominate is Sunday, December 31st, 2017.